Applications are closed for the 2023-2024 cohort!
Become an Ambassador in our third Cohort from 2023-2024!
Please check in next year to apply to the program.
Fill out an application today to be considered for our third cohort of Ambassadors! Deadline: September 11, 2023 at 11:59 PM
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings to develop grassroots organizing skills, design campaigns, follow-up on administrative duties, and other field work related to the organizing and campaign goals.
- Support organizing and voter education campaigns by building power with communities on climate, environmental, environmental justice, and other local issues.
- Participate in and lead workshops to grow organizing through base-building, leadership development, campaigns, and electoral organizing.
- Collaborate with cohort members on an intersectional justice movement and develop leaders of the future, especially in historically under resourced communities in California.
- Develop and lead community education forums, initiatives, run successful organizing campaigns that effectively advance community-identified environmental issues while advocating for a vibrant, sustainable, and healthy environment.
To be successful in this job, you must possess the following qualities and experience:
- Passion for environmental justice and sustainability
- Strong communication skills to engage with various audiences
- Open to working in a team setting and independently when needed
- Desire to obtain new skills to grow professionally and personally
- Familiarity with MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Don’t meet every single requirement? At EnviroVoters Education Fund, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workspace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other roles.
EnviroVoters Education Fund has a deep commitment to equity and fostering a culture of inclusion. EnviroVoters Education Fund invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our organization.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
Employment Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt (12-15 hours a week)
Wage: A competitive hourly range of $18 base pay
Reports To: Youth Organizing Associate
Position Location: Central Valley or Inland Empire – Hybrid
Work Schedule: Hybrid schedule – Remote with in person convenings once every two weeks.
Vaccine Policy: We require all staff to be fully vaccinated
Deadline: September 11, 2023
You can make a difference by joining the movement.
Attend an EnviroVoters Ed Fund event to learn more about how you can help.